Possibly more than three
1. Went to see Carlos Acosta at The Coliseum. Was somewhat nervous by the reviews and, although it could have done with “more dancing”, I really enjoyed it. Although agreed with the critic (sorry can’t find the link) who said it could/should have been staged at the Tate Modern.
2. Hated what I was wearing yesterday. You know when you just put something on and it grows progressively more grim as the day goes on? Well, I felt so lucky that I could just pop to Hennes, buy a £12 top and feel instantly more human. Also bought a pair of shoes which weren’t entirely on the agenda but are lovely and I have bought a pair of lovely shoes until last October which is actually QUITE A LONG TIME (well for me).
3. British athletes being fab, especially the beautiful Jessica Ennis and the passionate Mo Farrar.
4. Eating delicious food hand delivered from my parents garden (even though it’s nearly 100 miles away). And transforming courgettes (which are normally watery and a bit bleurgh) thanks to a recipe from the lovely Ruth and Rose – page 155 of The River Cafe Blue Book.
5. Sondheim at the Proms. There are few words apart from Judi Dench rocks.
6. The power of Twitter and this week’s story about Clare Balding.
7. Newly clean curtains and windows (although they need to drop about an inch – the curtains not the windows).
8. A spurt of ridiculously early morning energy counterbalanced by an afternoon nap.