I did this last year so thought I would repeat the exercise to see where we’ve got (I have cut it down a bit because 38 points for anyone is a tad dull).
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Stand up for myself – properly.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
But of course: my friends = mass procreation.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
No, although it was touch and go with one of my friends who has spent three months in hospital with Swine Flu. Everything crossed, he is being allowed home today.
4. What countries did you visit?
A veritable travel fest: Scotland, Antigua, France, Greece, New York and Oman.
5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Stability at home. Not being afraid that I’m going to come home one day and the whole thing is going to have fallen apart (AGAIN). Having said that, haven’t had one of those for a few weeks so fingers crossed.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a proper permanent job for the first time in five years and getting a promotion in said proper permanent job. Hurrah! I also really like my work which, in itself, is a big achievement.
7. What was your biggest failure?
Same as last year: not keeping up the positivity (and failing on the being kind to myself stuff sometimes).
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing outside of the normal anaemia and gut problems which are not so much illnesses but more intensely annoying irritations.
9. What was the best thing you bought?
iPhone, I am in love.
10. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My sister for not taking any shit from her now ex fiance and being absolutely true to herself.
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Oh! The boy. For just failing to get it together and consistently doing THE WRONG THING.
12. Where did most of your money go?
On stuff and taxes.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to New York with my mum and my sister and having a truly FABULOUS time. Especially the limo and dinner at Eleven Madison.
14. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? A bit happier with plans to continue on the upward trajectory.
(b) thinner or fatter? A teeny bit thinner but not really thin enough.
(c) richer or poorer? Financially a tad richer but the tax man is threatening to plunder the savings account.
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
As last year: sleep. I always wish I had more sleep.
Kept up paying attention to myself. I got a bit lost around the middle bit somewhere.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Getting completely panicky about things I cannot change.
17. How did you spend Christmas?
Thanks to the snow at home quietly. It was actually rather lovely.
18. What was your favourite TV programme?
True Blood. Loved it.
19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No. I am trying not to hate. I am somewhat disappointed in a couple of people though.
20. What was the best book you read?
Dreams from My Father, a surprisingly good read.
21. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I did not HAVE to watch X Factor.
22. What did you want and get?
An eBook, got it for Christmas. Am loving it.
23. What did you want and not get?
24. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’m going to rather shock myself and say Star Trek The Movie although my favourite film that I saw for the first time was Juno (yes I know I’m a bit behind the times).
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Hibiscus and had the most gorgeous meal – who knew you could have parsnip for pudding?. Far too old.
26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Knowing who was meant to be living in my house and everyone sticking to the plan.
27. What kept you sane?
Vodka and the internet.
28. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robbie’s back! Seeing him from my desk as he came out of the side door at Radio 1 was a bit of a highlight.
29. What political issue stirred you the most?
The depression that they’re all pretty crap.
30. Who did you miss?
My sister again, although having our weekend in New York was very special.
31. Who was the best new person you met?
Do you know, I don’t think I’ve met a new person who’s really made an impact on me – that’s quite sad.